Friday, May 15, 2009

Yogi wisdom

I spent two years of my early career working in New York City as a civil enginner, naturally I am a Yankee fan and naturally Lawrence Peter Berra (Yogi) is one of my Yankee heros. I am not certain, but I think his famous sayings may be more popular than his accomplishments as a Catcher or Manager. I just came across this website which carries a good collection of Yogi's sayings. Here are some of my favorites, some are well-known, some might not, but unmistakably Yogi wisdom:

"I didn't really say everything I said"

"You can observe a lot by watching"

"The future ain't what it used to be"

"If they don't want to come, you can't stop them"

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore"

"Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel!"

"It gets late early around here..."

"It ain't over 'til it's over"

No comments:

Post a Comment