Sunday, September 27, 2009

A note from Anchoress

Now for something different still, I came across this gem from the Anchoress blog:

I took a snapshot, please click on it to read the real thing. I used to do yearly retreat when I was a young lad in Taiwan. That was at least half a century ago. Usually for a three day retreat, the second day is reserved for contemplating death. For someone just fresh out of college, that's not an easy thing to do. Now as a retired septuagenarian, thinking about meeting God face-to-face really taking on deeper meanings. To me it's less of a moment of grace, but more of a matter of facing judgment -- that's rather frightening. And indeed it can come any day, any time, any moment. Am I ready? Hardly! But it's time to prepare for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment